Thu, Nov 15th - 5:21AM
back from a much need vacation
Blessings On Our Trip
1) Seeing the sunrise from the air.
2) A beautiful sunset on our first night.
3) A good restaurant within walking distance from our hotel.
4) The stark beauty of White Sands national park.
5) The hiking and views at Oliver Lee State Park
6) Finding a red spotted tree frog in the visitor’s center lobby.
7) The scenery in the mountains around Cloudcroft and Sunspot.
8) Seeing mule deer along the highway on several occasions.
9) The flat and desolate and empty countryside on our way to Artesia and Carlsbad.
10) The Living Desert Zoological and Botanical State Park and the animals and plants displayed there.
11) The reflexologist who “just happened” to be working in the gift shop on the day my wife had back spasms.
12) Pizza delivered to our hotel room.
13) The awesome wonder of Carlsbad Caverns
14) My wife’s back feeling better so she could enjoy it too.
15) Views of the Guadalupe Mountains.
16) Keeping us safe on the long drive to Deming.
17) KFC in our room after a long day.
18) City of Rocks state park.
19) The scenery along the winding roads to Silver City.
20) Keeping us from getting food poisoning at the Mexican restaurant in Silver City.
21) Antelope along the road to Deming.
22) Nice sunset viewed from south of Deming.
23) Historic Mesilla.
24) Dripping springs state park (after we finally found it) and it’s great views for our leftover KFC lunch.
25) Safe drive to El Paso, and a good restaurant next door to our hotel.
26) A safe flight home with money left over.
27) Keeping us safe with dry rotted and worn tires on my wife’s car that we drove home on the freeway. (We found out about it when we took the car in for service after we got back.)
28) A good first day back to work for my wife. She had unexpected helpers with the backlog of stuff.
and I can't leave out one more
29) Being back home with our dog.