Sun, Jan 6th - 2:32PM
FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD ... (JOHN 3: 16).
The Bible declares that there is one God (Deut. 6:4) but He is revealed in three persons - God the Father (Matt. 3:17; John 17:24), God the Son (Jesus Christ) (John 1:18; John 3:16) and God the Holy Spirit (Gen. 1:2; John 14:26; Eph. 4:30).
The first man and the first woman, Adam and Eve, were created to live forever but they gave in to the temptation that Satan, the devil, brought to them, thus causing death, spiritual death (separation from God) and physical death. You see when they gave in to Satan they broke God's commandment (Gen. 2:17; Gen. 3:6). Thus sin came into the human race. The sin of Adam and Eve has been passed on to all mankind; so whether we live good lives or not, do kind acts or not, we are still sinners because we cannot do anything to rid ourselves of this inherited or original sin.
King David said that he was sinful from the time he was conceived (Psalm 51:5). The Bible clearly teaches that all have sinned (Rom. 3:23) and that all will die because of sin (Rom.6:23). However, there is good news!
God has provided a way out for mankind because He loves us. God the Father sent his one and only Son (John 3:16), who is himself God (Isa. 9:6; John 1: 1-3, 14; Heb. 1:8, 10), to die for the sins of the world so that those who believe in Him will have everlasting life (John 3:16; John 3:36).
We are informed that Jesus' death for us is a gift (Rom. 6:23). This means that we do not have to work for the salvation that his death on the cross provides. We are saved by grace (God's unmerited favor) through faith and not by works (Eph. 2:8, 9). Jesus died for us while we were still sinners (Rom. 5:8). He died for our sins and rose from the dead for our justification (clearing us from blame or guilt) (Rom. 4:25). Once and for all times the death of Jesus on the cross paid the penalty for sin (Heb. 9:28). This included all original or inherited sin as well as all the sins that have been committed, that are being committed and that will be committed by all human beings.
Listen to the testimony of the prophet, the angel, the apostles and Jesus himself.
1. The virgin's child (Jesus) will be called Immanuel (Isa.7:14). Immanuel means God with us (Matt. 1:23). This prophecy was recorded in about 700 B.C.
2. The son (Jesus) will be called - The mighty God, the everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace (Isa. 9:6). Prophesied in about 700 B.C.
3. Jesus will save his people from their sins (Matt. 1:21).
4. Jesus died for the sins of the world (Rom. 5:8).
5. Jesus is the end of the law so that there is righteousness (righteous standing before God) for everyone who believes - Jews and Gentiles (see John 3:16-17).
6. Jesus answered: I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me (John 14:6). Jesus said to Nicodemus: I tell you the truth, unless a man is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God (John 3: 3).
7. Jesus will judge the living and the dead (Matt. 13:36-43; 25:31-46; 2 Tim.4:1).
The Bible teaches that although there is death, one day all human beings will live eternally.The righteous will live with God in great happiness (Rev. 21: 3-4) and the unrighteous will live with Satan in torment (Matt.25:41; Rev. 14: 9-11; Rev. 20: 10, 15).
Anyone who receives Jesus, that is, believes and puts his/her trust in Him, becomes a child of God (John 1:12; John 3:16). As a child of God, He seals you with his Holy Spirit (Eph. 1: 13-14). He is the only one who can save you (Acts 4:12). Jesus said: I tell you the truth, he who believes has everlasting life. I am the bread of life (John 6: 47-48).
Dear friend, will you receive Jesus or will you reject him?
Perhaps the following prayer or one like it will be fitting. Remember, what is important is the faith that Jesus will save you.
Almighty God, I thank you that you sent Jesus to die on the cross for my sins. I believe that you raised him from the dead as the Bible declares. Jesus, I now receive you as my Savior and Lord. I am sorry for my sins and I turn away from them. Lord Jesus, please fulfill your plan for my life. Amen.
What follows your acceptance of Jesus Christ as your Saviour (Messiah)? Your faithfulness to Jesus is important.The Holy Spirit who seals believers (Eph. 1:13-14; Eph. 4:30) can enable you to be faithful to God. Jesus said: Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved (Matt. 24:12-13).The author of the Book of Hebrews wrote: We have come to share in Christ if we hold firmly till the end the confidence we had at first (3:14).
You can show your faithfulness by:
1) Praying regularly (1 Thess. 5:17).
2) Reading the Bible daily (Psalm 119:105,160).
3) Making Jesus Lord of your life (Prov. 3:5-12).
4) Meeting with believers (Heb. 10:25).
5) Doing the good works which God has prepared for you to do (Eph. 2:10).
6) Giving to God's work (Mal. 3:8-10; Luke 6:38; 2 Cor. 9:6-8).
7) Soul winning (Prov. 11:30; John 15:8,16).
8) Loving others (John 15:12; 1 John 3:18).
As Christians, we are not perfect. We still make mistakes. When we do, we can confess our sins to Jesus and He will forgive us (1 John 1: 8-10).
When Jesus comes He will give rewards to believers for faithfulness (Matt. 10:42; Luke 14:13-14; 1 Cor. 9:25; Rev. 22:12).
With whom will you spend eternity? Will you spend it with God experiencing happiness or with Satan in torment? Remember, God loves you and He wants you to spend eternity with Him (1 Tim. 2: 3-4; 2 Pet. 3:9).
May God use this tract to bring honor and glory to His name.
Scripture taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. Copyright c 1973, 1978, 1984 International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Bible Publishers.
Rev. Joseph E. Mahabir, Toronto
Please email this message to friends and relatives. Thank you as you share the good news about our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. May God bless you richly.
PLEASE VIEW MY VIDEO BY CLICKING ON THE LINK BELOW