Wed, Oct 31st - 9:06AM
The ABCs of Knowing God Better
You can learn more about God through his Word. The Bible is the very Word of God and also has many phrases that describe him. For example, He is infinite and an all-powerful creator and keeper of the universe. However, He is also the generous and Loving Father of all people. He has so many attributes and qualities, that we should Love Him with all our heart, soul and strength. The ABCs will give you an understanding of his attributes and allows you to meet Him in all His power, glory and love.
Absolute Psalm 86:8-10 (KJV)
(8) Among the gods there is none unlike unto Thee, O Lord; neither are there any works like unto Thy works. (9) All nations whom thou hast made shall come and worship before thee, O Lord; and shall glorify thy name (10) For Thou art great, and doest wondorous things: Thou art God alone.
Builder Hebrews 3:4 (KJV)
For every house is builded by some man; but he that build all things is God.
Christ John 3:16 (KJV)
For God so loved the world, that he gave His only begotten Son, that who soever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasing life.
Dependable Isaiah 51 (6) (KJV)
Lift up your eyes to the heavens, and look upon the earth beneath: for the heavens shall vanish away like smoke, and the earth shall wax old like a garment, and they that dwell therin shall die in like manner; but my salvation shall be forever, and my righteousness shall not be abolished.
Encourager Philippians 4:6 (KJV)
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
Faithful Psalm 91:4 (KJV)
He shall cover thee with His feathers, and under His wings shalt thou trust: His truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
Gentle Galations 5:22-23 (KJV)
(22) But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
(23) Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Healer Psalm 30:2-3 (KJV)
(2) O Lord My God, I cried unto Thee, and Thou hast healed me.
(3) O Lord, thou hast brought up my soul from the grave: Thou hast kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit.
Incomparable Psalm 86: 8,10 (KJV)
(8) Among the gods there is none like unto Thee, O Lord; neither are there any works like unto Thy works. (10) For thou art great, and doest wondorous things: Thou art God alone.
Joy Psalm 95:1-2 (KJV)
(1) O come, let us sing unto the Lord: let us make a joyful noise to the Rock of our Salvation. (2) Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with Psalms.
Kind Jeremiah 9:24 (KJV)
But let him glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the Lord which exercise lovingkindness, judgement and righteousness, in the earth: for in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the Lord.
Light 1 John 1:5 (KJV)
This then is the message which we have heard of Him, and declare unto you, that God is Light, and in Him is no darkness at all.
Marvelous Psalm 72:18-19 (KJV) (
18) Blessed be the Lord God, the God of isreal, who only doeth wondorous things. (19) And blessed be his glorious name for ever: and let the whole earth be filled with His glory; Amen and Amen.
Nurturing Isaiah 40:11 (KJV) He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: He shall gather lambs with his arm, and carry them in His bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young.
Omnipotent Luke 1:37
For with God nothing shall be possible.
Passionate Isaiah 49:15 (KJV)
Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb" Yea, they may forget, yet I will not forget thee.
Quiet Isaiah 32:17 (KJV)
And the works of righteousness shall be peace, and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance forever.
Redeemer Ephesians 1:7-8 (KJV)
(7) In whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace. (8) Wherein He hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence.
Savior Isaiah 45:21-22 (KJV)
(21) Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let the take the counsel together: Who hath declared this from ancient time? have not I the Lord? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me. (22) Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is none else.
Trustworthy Psalm 22:4-5 (KJV)
(4) Our fathers trusted in Thee: they trusted, and Thou didst deliver them. (5) They cried unto Thee, and were delivered: they trusted in Thee, and were not confounded.
Unfailing Psalm 36:5-7 (KJV)
(5) Thy mercy, O Lord, is in the heavens; and Thy faithfulness reacheth unto the clouds. (6) Thy righteousness is like the great mountains; Thy judgements are a great deep: O lord, thou preservest man and beast. (7) But Thou hast saved us from our enemies, and hast put them to shame that hated us.
Wonderful Isaiah 9:6 (KJV)
For unto us a child is born, unto us a Son is given: and the government shall be upon His shoulder: and His name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasing Father, The Prince of peace.
Xristos (Greek for Christ) 2 Thessalonians 2:16-17 (KJV)
(16) Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and have given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace, (17) Comfort your hearts, and stablish you in every good word and work.
Yearning 2 peter 3:9 (KJV)
The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
Zealous Isaiah 9:7 (KJV)
Of the increase of his government there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon His Kingdon, to order it, and to stablish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the lord of Hosts will perform this.
Ng Wand, Amy. (2002) The Everyday Guide to God. Humble Creek Inspiration For Life. Barbour Publishing Incorporate.