Tue, Jan 31st - 10:27AM
"He will give you another Comforter."
15) If you [really] love Me, you will keep (obey) My commands.
16) And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, and Standby), that He may remain with you forever.
17) The Spirit of Truth, Whom the world cannot receive (welcome, take to its heart), because it does not see Him or know and recognize Him. But you know and recognize Him, for He lives with you [constantly] and will be in you.
18) I will not leave you as orphans [comfortless, desolate, bereaved, forlorn, helpless]: I will come [back] to you. _John 14:15-18 Amp. Bible
Mon, Jan 30th - 8:56AM
In My Father's House...
DO NOT let your hearts be troubled (distressed, agitated). You believe in and adhere to and trust in and rely on God; believe in and adhere to and trust in and rely also on Me.
2) In My Father's house there are many dwelling places (homes). If it were not so, I would have told you; for I am going away to prepare a place for you...
3)And when (if) I go and make ready a place for you, I will come back again and will take you to Myself, that where I am you may be also...
4) And [to the place] where I am going, you know the way. _John 14:1-4
Sat, Jan 28th - 10:21AM
Pick Up Your Cross...
Pick up your cross and join Me...
34) and Jesus called [to Him] the throng with His disciples and said to them. If anyone intends to come after Me, let him deny himself [forget, ignore, disown, and lose sight of himself and his own interests] and take up his cross, and [joining Me as a disciple and siding with My party ] follow with Me [continually, cleaving steadfastley to Me] . _Mark 8: 34 _Amp. Bible
Thu, Jan 26th - 2:51PM
Everyone Who Calls Upon The Name Of The Lord Will Be Saved...
9) Because if you acknowledge and confess with your lips that Jesus is Lord and in your heart believe (adhere to, trust in, and rely on the truth) that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved...
10)For with the heart a person believes (adheres to, trusts in, and relies on Christ) and so is justified (declared righteous, acceptable to God), and with the mouth he confesses (declares openly and speaks out freely his faith) and confirms [his] salvation...
11)The Scripture says, No man who believes in Him [who adheres to, relies on and trusts in Him] will ever] be put to shame or be disappointed...
12)[No one] for there is no distinction between Jew and Greek. The same Lord is Lord over all [of us] and He generously bestows His riches upon all who call upon Him [in faith]...
13) For everyone who calls upon the name of the Lord [invoking Him as Lord] will be saved...
_Romans 10:9-13 Amp Bible
Wed, Jan 25th - 3:20PM
That Same Jesus...
My Little children. I write you these things so that you may not violate God's law and sin. But if anyone should sin, we have an Advocate (One Who will intercede for us) with the Father--[it is] Jesus Christ [the all] righteous [upright, just. Who conforms to the Father's will in every purpose, thought, and action].
2) And He [that same Jesus Himself] is the propitiation (the atoning sacrifice) for our sins, and not for ours alone but also for [the sins of] the whole world. _1 John 2... 2:1-2 Amp. Bible
Tue, Jan 24th - 2:52PM
So Faith Comes From...
So faith comes from hearing the Good News, and people hear the Good News when someone tells them about Christ. _Romans 10:17
Mon, Jan 23rd - 12:45PM
What Is Faith???
The bible tells us:
Now Faith is the assurance (the confirmation, the title deed) of the things [we] hope for, being the proof of things [we] do not see and the conviction of their reality [faith perceiving as real fact what is not revealed to the senses].
2) For by [faith---trust and holy fervor born of faith] the men of old had divine testimony borne to them and obtained a good report.
3) By faith we understand that the worlds [during the sucessive ages] were framed (fashioned, put in order, and equipped for their intended purpose) by the word of God, so that what we see was not made out of things which are visible. _Hebrews 11:1-3 Amp. Bible
Sun, Jan 22nd - 2:44PM
+++++++++++++Jesus Loves Me++++++++++++++++++
Jesus loves me! This I Know,
for the Bible tells me so. Little ones to him belong; they are weak but He is strong. Jesus loves me! He who died heaven's gate to open wide; He will wash away my sin, let his little child come in.
Jesus loves me! He will stay Close beside me all way. Thou has bled and died for me; I will henceforth live for thee. Yes, Jesus loves me!
The Bible tells me so.
_Anna and Susan Warner
Fri, Jan 20th - 10:28AM
*My Favorite Scripture* ...
*I start my day with this scripture*...
13) I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me [I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who infuses inner strength into me; I am self-sufficient in Christ's sufficiency]. _Philippians 4:13 Amp. Bible
_Thank you Jesus !
Thu, Jan 19th - 1:04PM
Some have entertained angels without knowing it....
Let Love for your fellow believers continue and be a fixed practice with you [never let it fail].
2) Do not forget or neglect or refuse to extend hospitality to strangers [in the brotherhood--being friendly, cordial, and gracious, sharing the comforts of your home and doing your part generously], for through it some have entertained angels without knowing it. _Hebrews 13:1-2 Amp. Bible
Wed, Jan 18th - 8:27PM
"Pray for the peace of Jerusalem."
*Join the Fourth Annual
International Day of Prayer and Solidarity with Israel
*Sunday, January 29, 2006
*Millions of Christians around the world...
* In tens of thousands of churches
*Praying for Israel's peace and security on the
*International Day of Prayer and Solidarity with Israel.
More details and registration information @www.StandForIsrael.org
_Pray for the peace of Jerusalem! May they prosper who love you [the Holy City]! _Psalm 122:6 Amp. Bible
Tue, Jan 17th - 1:18PM
Whatever may be your task, do it for the Lord...
*Are you doing things to please the Lord (or) men?
23) Whatever may be your task, work at it heartily (from the soul), as [something done] for the Lord and not for men.
_Colossians 3:23 Amp. Bible
Mon, Jan 16th - 12:16PM
DO NOT WORRY ABOUT TOMORROW!!!
Don't Worry and be Anxious for Anything!
God does not want us to worry! Jesus preached against it. ... Satan wants us to worry.
31) Therefore do not worry and be anxious, saying, What are we going to have to eat? or, What are we going to have to drink? or, What are what are we going to have to wear?
32) For rhe Gentiles (heathen) wish for and crave and diligently seek all these things, and your heavenly Father
knows well that you need them all.
33) But seek (aim at and strive after) first of all His kingdom and His rightousness (His way of doing and being right), and then all these things taken together will be given you besides.
34) So do not worry or be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will have worries and anxieties of its own. Sufficient for each day is its own trouble. _Matthew 6:31-34 Amp. Bible
Cast your burden on the Lord [releasing the weight of it] and He will sustain you: He will never allow the [consistently] righteous to be moved (made to slip, fall or fail). _Psalm 55: 22 Amp. Bible
Sat, Jan 14th - 5:18PM
Footprints In the Sand...
One night a man had a dream about walking along the beach with the Lord. The sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene, he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand: his and the Lord's. After the last scene
flashed before him he looked at the footprints, noticing that at the most difficult times in his life there was only one set of footprints. "Lord, you said you'd walk with me all the way if I followed you: But during the most troublesome times in my life there is only one set of footprints. Why did you leave me when I needed you most?" The Lord replied, "I love you and would never leave you. In your times of trial
and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, that was when I caried you." _Author Unknown
Thu, Jan 12th - 5:54PM
RAINBOW TOKEN OF THE COVENANT...
12) And God said, This is the token of the covenant (solemn pledge) which I am making between Me and you and every living creature that is with you, for all future generations.
13) I set My bow [rainbow] in the cloud, and it shall be a token or sign of a covenant or solemn pledge between Me and the earth.
14) And it shall be that when I bring clouds over the earth and the bow [rainbow] is seen in the clouds. _Genesis 9:12-14 Amp. Bible
Wed, Jan 11th - 11:02AM
HE DID IT FOR US ! We did not appreciate His worth !
He was despised and rejected and forsaken by
men, a Man of sorrows and pains, and acquainted
with grief and sickness; and like One from Whom
men hide their faces He was despised and we did not
appreciate His worth or have any esteem for Him.
He didn't go through that rejection for Himself. He willingly came and took our problems, our wounds, our hurts, our rejections upon Himself...
Mon, Jan 9th - 9:21PM
DO YOU PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH?
God is not a God of confusion but a God of peace. _1 Corinthians 14:33
Mon, Jan 9th - 4:06PM
THE QUALITIES OF A CHRISTIAN...
You are God's children whom He loves, so try to be like Him. _Ephesians 5:1
We must not become tired of doing good. We will receive our harvest of eternal life at the right time if we do not give up. When we have the opportunity to help anyone, we should do it. But we should give special attention to those who are in the family of believers. _Galatians 6:9-10
We live by what we believe, not by what we can see. _ 2 Corinthians 5 : 7
Share in the troubles we have like a good soldier of Christ Jesus. _2 Timothy 2:3
Sun, Jan 8th - 7:31PM
HE KNIT ME TOGETHER IN MY MOTHER'S WOMB
12) Even the darkness hides nothing from You, but the night shines as the day; the darkness and the light are both alike to You.
13) For You did form my inward parts; You did knit me together in my mother's womb.
14) I will confess and praise You for You are fearful and wonderful and for the awful wonder of my birth! Wonderful are Your works, and that my inner self knows right well.
15) My frame was not hidden from You when I was being formed in secret [and] intricately and curiously wrought [as if embroidered with various colors] in the depths of the earth [a region of darkness and mystery].
16) Your eyes saw my unformed substance, and in Your book all the days [of my life] were written before ever they took shape, when as yet there was none of them.
17) How precious and weighty also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How vast is the sum of them!
18) If I could count them, they would be more in number than the sand. When I awoke, [could I count to the end] I would still be with You. _Psalm139: Amp. Bible
Sat, Jan 7th - 4:51PM
I Have not come to invite good people but sinners to change their hearts and lives. _Luke 5:32
The Son of Man came to find lost people and save them. _Luke 19:10
Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, unless one is born again, he cannot be in God's kingdom." _John 3:3
Sat, Jan 7th - 11:07AM
GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY...
The Serenity Prayer
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.
Fri, Jan 6th - 10:39AM
TEACH US HOW TO PRAY...
The Disciples asked Jesus, teach us how to pray, he responded with
"The Lord's Prayer"
Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven . Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. And
lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom, the power, and the glory, forever and ever.
Thu, Jan 5th - 2:07PM
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF !!!
26) Jesus said to him. What is written in the Law? How do you read it?...
27) And he replied, You must love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind; and your neighbor as yourself...
28) And Jesus said to him. You have answered correctly; do this, and you will live [enjoy active, blessed,endless life in the kingdom of God..._Luke 10:26-28 Amp. Bible.
Do you love your neighbor as yourself?..
Neighbor n, One who lives near another..
Neighborhood adj. A section or small region that possesses a specific quality..
Neighborly adj. Characteristic of good neighbors; friendly Neighborliness n..>
Webster's Classic Reference Library...
Wed, Jan 4th - 7:11PM
God n. The Supreme Being, the ruler of life and universe.
Jesus n. The founder of Christianity, son of Mary and regarded in the Christian faith as Christ the son of God, the Messiah; also referred to as Jesus Christ or Jesus of Nazareth.
Heaven n. The sky; the region above and around the earth; the abode of God, the angels, and the blessed souls of the dead; a state or place of blissful happiness.
Bless v. To give one"s goodwill to; to honor or praise, to confer prosperity or well being.
Blessed adj. Holy; enjoying happiness, in a state of favor. blessedly adv.
Bliss n. The condition of having great happiness or joy, a transcendent state of universal understanding, one's life work or path which gives total satisfaction and happiness, blissful adj.,blissfully adv.
...Webster's Classic Reference Library Dictionary
Tue, Jan 3rd - 9:19PM
Selah [pause, and calmly think of that] !
LORD, HOW they are increased who trouble me ! Many are they who rise up against me !
2) Many are saying of me, There is no help for him in God. Selah [pause, and calmly think of that] !
3) But You, O Lord, are a shield for me, my glory, and the lifter of my head.
4) With my voice I cry to the Lord, and He hears and answers me out of His holy hill. Selah [pause, and calmly think of that] !
5) I lay down and slept; I wakened again, for the Lord sustains me.
6) I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people who have set themselves against me round about.
7) Arise, O Lord: save me, O my God ! For You have struck all my enemies on the cheek; You have broken the teeth of the ungodly.
8) Salvation belongs to the Lord; May Your blessings be upon Your people. Selah [pause, and calmly think of that] ! _Psalm 3:1-8 Amp. Bible
Mon, Jan 2nd - 10:44AM
WHO CAN NUMBER THE CLOUDS BY WISDOM?
Do you know the ordinances of heaven? Can you establish their rule upon the earth?
34)Can you lift up your voice to the clouds, so that an abundance of waters may cover you?
35)Can you send lightnings, that they may go and say to you,Here we are?
36)Who has put wisdom in the inward parts [or in the dark clouds]? Or who has given understanding to the mind [or to the meteor]?
37) Who can number the clouds by wisdom? Or who can pour out the [water] bottles of the heavens. _Job 38:33-37 Amp. Bible
Sun, Jan 1st - 6:23PM
OUT WITH THE OLD ~ IN WITH THE NEW ~ HAPPY NEW YEAR!
10) And you shall eat the [abundant] old store of produce long kept; and clear out the old [to make room] for the new. _Leviticus 26 Amp. Bible
Back to Blog Main Page